Pai gow poker
- The casino offers interesting promotions and tournaments
- Live chat support 24/7
- Limited responsible gaming options
- Extensive selection of games.
- Has won multiple awards.
- Unique loyalty program.
- Multiple options for deposits and withdrawals.
- Includes a sportsbook.
- 100+ industry-leading software providers.
- Bonuses are not available for all countries.
- No downloadable casino app.
Pai gow poker Info & Features
Pai gow poker online slot
Pai Gow Poker, an intriguing blend of traditional poker and Chinese Pai Gow, finds a refined representation in RealTime Gaming’s (RTG) version. This variant offers players an engaging and strategic experience. Let’s delve into the various aspects of RTG’s Pai Gow Poker.
Pai Gow Poker got into the casino thanks to a casino owner who saw Chinese immigrants in the United States playing the game. The Chinese had brought the game to the United States. The casino owner thought it was time for some new games in his casino. That is why Pai Gow Poker was added to the game range.
The Chinese played Pai Gow Poker with mahjong tiles. However, Americans appeared to be less skilled with Mahjong tiles. To make the game more accessible, the Mahjong tiles were replaced by cards. The rules of Pai Gow Poker have also been slightly adjusted. They now look more like regular Texas Hold’em. That is why Pai Gow Poker is sometimes called Chinese poker.
The casino has a house edge of 2.85% at Pai Gow Poker.
Pai Gow Poker Game Rules
You play Pai Gow Poker with a deck of cards including the joker. So with 53 cards. You then compete against the casino. You can play Pai Gow on an online slot machine or in the live casino.
The dealer or machine deals the cards. You are dealt 7 cards, just like all other players. Each player plays for himself against the bank. So it doesn’t matter to you what kind of cards the player next to you has. After you receive the cards, split your cards into two hands. The first hand has five cards, while the second hand has only two cards. The most important rule is that the five-card hand has a higher value than the two-card hand.
First the players split their cards, then the casino. The casino splits the cards via the so-called house rules. This is similar to blackjack. After the casino has split the cards into two hands, the banker’s hand is compared with each player’s hand separately. You get one point for each hand you win. So you only win if you have two hands that are better than the casino’s hand.
Profit gives you 95 percent of your investment. In the event of a draw, your bet remains standing.
Value of the Hands at Pai Gow Poker
The value of the cards and hands can be compared to poker. The main difference is the ace. In some card games, such as poker and blackjack, the ace is both one and the highest card. That is not the case at Pai Gow Poker. The ace is always the highest card. So suppose you have a combination of ace, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the hand with five cards, then you have a better hand than if you had 9, 10, jack, queen and king.
The joker also plays at Pai Gow Poker. However, you cannot use this joker to your heart’s content. The joker only counts as a joker to make a ‘straight’ or a ‘flush’. In all other cases the joker is a card without value.
These are the Possible Hands for Pai Gow Gambler, from High to Low:
- Royal Flush: a hand with a 10, queen, king and ace. These cards must be of the same symbol. Are you missing one of these five cards? Then you can use a joker.
- Straight Flush: five cards with a consecutive value and all five with the same symbol. You can also use a joker to complete a straight.
- Four of a kind: four cards with the same value, such as four kings. Do both you and the casino have a four of a kind? Then the highest card counts. You then win with four jacks of, for example, four 3s.
- Full House: a hand with three cards of the same value, supplemented with two cards of the same value. An example of a full house is three times a 5 and three times a 2.
- Flush: this is a hand with five cards that all have the same symbol. An example of this is a 4 of spades, a 7 of diamonds, a 9 of hearts, a jack of diamonds and a king of clubs.
- Straight: five cards with a consecutive value, but not all five have the same symbol. For example, 3 of diamonds, 4 of hearts, 5 of clubs, 6 of spades and 7 of clubs.
- Three of a kind: three cards of the same value.
- Two pair: two cards of the same value. For example: twice a 9 and twice a jack.
- One pair: two cards of the same value. For example: two 8s or two aces.
- High card: if you don’t have any of the above hands, the highest card in your hand counts.
The value of the first hand must be higher than the value of the second hand. So you are not allowed to put a pair in the second hand if you only have a high card in the first hand.
For those unfamiliar with Pai Gow Poker or simply wishing to practice before wagering real money, RTG offers a demo version. Here, players can:
- Grasp the nuances of creating two poker hands – one with five cards and another with two cards.
- Develop strategies to maximize the winning potential.
- Enjoy unlimited gameplay without the constraints of deposits or real-money stakes.
The demo mirrors the actual game in terms of visuals, sounds, and overall gaming experience.
Bets and Prizes
Pai Gow Poker from RTG provides a flexible betting structure catering to a diverse player base:
- Minimum Bet: Perfect for those who prefer cautious gameplay or are just getting started.
- Maximum Bet: Tailored for high-stakes enthusiasts seeking bigger thrills.
- Prizes: Payouts depend on how players’ hands stack up against the dealer’s. Winning both hands generally means an even money payout, minus a small commission.
Play on Mobile Devices – Android, iPad & Tablets
With the world shifting towards mobile gaming, RTG ensures Pai Gow Poker players are not left behind:
- Fully Optimized: Experience the game’s intricate details and smooth gameplay on mobile.
- Supported Devices: Runs seamlessly on Android devices, iPads, and other tablets.
- Uniform Experience: Transitioning from desktop to mobile guarantees no drop in graphical quality or gameplay features.
Graphics and Sounds
RTG’s Pai Gow Poker promises an immersive gaming atmosphere:
- Graphics: A clear table layout, detailed card designs, and intuitive UI ensure a premium visual experience.
- Sounds: The subtle background music, card shuffles, and dealer interactions replicate the ambiance of a physical casino.
Strategies and Tips
While Pai Gow Poker integrates elements of luck, strategic gameplay can enhance winning opportunities:
- Hand Setting: Understand the best way to set your two hands, optimizing both the five-card and two-card combinations.
- Banking: If given a chance to act as the banker, consider the pros and cons, as it could influence the game’s outcome.
- Budget Management: Set a playing budget and stick to it. This ensures longer gameplay and minimizes excessive losses.
Pai Gow Poker from RTG delivers a compelling rendition of a game that merges the East and the West. With its challenging strategic depth, impeccable design, and mobile readiness, it’s a stellar choice for those seeking a break from conventional poker or card games. Whether you’re a strategy enthusiast or just in for some fun, Pai Gow Poker promises an engaging experience. Dive in and enjoy the blend of two worlds!
More games from rtg
- Unique and engaging poker variant that combines elements of traditional poker with strategy.
- Favorable odds for players, with a relatively low house edge.
- Suitable for players who enjoy poker but want a different gameplay experience.
- Learning and applying Pai Gow Poker strategy can take time and practice.
- May not appeal to players seeking the simplicity of traditional slot games.
- Variations in rules between casinos may affect gameplay and payouts.